Jeremiah 29:11 says, “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Hebrews 6:19 says, The hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary.
In these trying times, where is your Hope?
I remember in church, they used to sing a song, “Build your Hope on things eternal, hold to God’s unchanging hand.”
When I was writing this, that song popped into my head. I know it was the Holy Spirit confirming this is what I was to write about today.
Finding Hope in Your Life
How can you cultivate hope when things look bleak? Especially, when we are experience racial, and social injustice. Feeling like there is no hope is one of the most challenging emotions to manage. Why would someone even try when they believe there is no hope, and correspondingly, no possibility for things to improve?
Hopelessness plagues most people at some point or another. I have felt hopeless when my marriage failed, when I couldn’t get pregnant, when I lost my job, etc. We all go through periods of hopelessness, but we can’t stay there. Hopelessness leads to depression, depression leads to many activities that binds us in sin. Our hearts and minds get heavy. We feel burdened with the what if’s? During those times, I would write to escape what I was going through just to stay sane.
God created us all uniquely and wonderfully. He created us to have emotions and experience loss, and pain. He never said that life would be easy, but He also sent us His word and Hope. He sent Jesus!
Being happy is about having hope for the future. God loves us so much, that our hope has to be in Him and on things eternal. Eternal meaning, after our bodies return to the earth, where will you spend eternity. I often think about what I do down here, meaning, what I put my energy in, is it to build my hope or is what I’m doing temporary.
When you’re feeling down, try these strategies to help bring back hope:
1. Consider all the miraculous things God’s done in your life. When you have gone through a tough time to find, you're out of that unpleasant situation. Maybe, with some scars, but you made it through to the other side—victory! So regardless of what you’re facing, remember your earlier miracles and know with God, you can work through it. Matthew 19:26 says, But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.
2. Absorb optimism. Surely you’ve come across people who persistently see the bright side of things. They’re the ones that could stand in the middle of the worst thunderstorm the world has ever seen and say, “I think it’s starting to clear up.” Seek those people and spend time with them; they may be there in your life to encourage you. Their optimism will soon rub off on you. Talk to them about your challenges; they may have a perspective that can really give you a push in the right direction.
3. Think on things eternal.
· Faith is your source of inspiration. If you need to increase your faith, seek God through....
· Prayer, The Lord says, “Make your requests known.”
· If you need to repent of your sins, know Jesus died for everything that’s wrong in your life, whether it’s sin, burdens from your past, or past atrocities that happened to you.
Jesus is here to forgive you and help you forgive others of all of it.
4. Spend time with those less fortunate. Volunteering to help the homeless or hospice patients can show you that things aren’t as challenging as you originally thought.
Sometimes when you observe firsthand how difficult things can be, you develop a fresh perspective about your own situation.
5. Also, spend some time with miraculous things. For many, nature’s bounty is awe-inspiring, from flowers and waterfalls to butterflies and spider webs. When you see what’s possible, you realize that you’re capable of remarkable things too.
6. Be courageous. Often, cultivating hope requires courage to take that first step forward. Psalms 31:24 says, “Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you hope in the Lord.”
Give yourself the chance to find your way through your challenges with God’s help.
If you want to find hope in your life, you always can! Gods’ Holy Scriptures gives hope. There are devotionals books that help. There are people in your life who can shed light on hope; seek them out. Although your search for hope might take some work, never give up. Regardless of your challenges, Just keep working through it in faith, love, and you’ll discover that you have plenty of reasons to be hopeful.
P.S. Starting September 4th, Interviews will begin. Join as a Member to Comment or ask my guest questions. We'd love to hear from you. Let us know if you enjoy what you're reading or have any suggestions for improvements, or suggestions for new questions.
Share, like, love, leave a comment and enjoy!
You can check out my website: www.nitanaesbooks.com and Join Today!
IG: nitanaesbooks and arnitaleonardlewis
FB Page: nitanaesbooks - Truthful Imagination